Monday, April 14, 2008

Boston Now Folds

Well, I got some bad news tonight (yesterday, actually, because it's now April 15).  My contact at Boston Now told me that the daily newspaper has folded.  At least, I know why I was having entry problems with my other blog, Uncommon Bostonian, Sunday night.  Today's edition of Boston Now was the final issue.

Sigh!  I had a lot of fun with the second blog, Uncommon Bostonian.  The powers that be a few weeks ago made me one of their featured bloggers on their home web page.  That web page is shut down now.

What should I do with my second blog now since I can't make any new entries in it?  Well, I plan to start a new Uncommon Bostonian blog because I love to write.  The point of the second blog was show off more of my writing talents, especially on the journalistic/social commentary side.  I was also planning to write more about comic books on that blog.  Outside In is primarily about Asperger's/autism awareness plus my special interests with music, the Beatles, and other things very close to my heart.

As of right now, the Uncommon Bostonian blog is still there (http://www.bostonnow.com/blogs/uncommonbostonian).  I managed to save all the old entries tonight into Word, just in case they delete it.  No one knows what's going to happen to the blogs that were connected to the newspaper's website.

The full story about Boston Now's demise can be found here at this site:
http://bostonist.com/2008/04/14/boston-now-fold.php#comments

No comments: