Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Remembering George Harrison

It's hard to believe that four years have passed since former Beatle George Harrison's death due to cancer.  I cried when I woke up and heard the sad news that he had passed away.  The sad part was that he was the youngest Beatle.

Shortly afterwards, I wrote an essay in honor of him called "Not Guilty."  I took the title of a song he wrote for the Beatles for The White Album.  The song ended up on the Anthology 3 double CD many years later in the 1990s.  George did record a solo version of the song on his self-titled George Harrison album that came out in 1979.  That album also included the songs "Faster" and "Blow Away" in it.  It is a good album worth checking out.

My essay, "Not Guilty," is radically different from my John Lennon essay, "I'll Never Forget Him."  I made it funny because George was a film producer on a couple of Monty Phyton films and the movie classic "Time Bandits."

Thanks for the music and the laughs, George.

No comments: