Saturday, May 6, 2006

My Aching Back!

My parents decided to send my late aunt's bedroom and living room furniture to my condo today.  They notified me last week, but I didn't have enough time to organize my condo to accommodate the new furniture.  Besides, I still like the furniture I still have, but I did throwout my old coffee table and a couple of floor lamps to make room for the new stuff.

Being organized has always been a challenge for me.  When I was diagnosed a few years ago with Asperger's Syndrome and Nonverbal Learning Disorder, I finally knew why I was having so much trouble all those years.  Growing up in DC, my bedroom was hard to keep neat, but my mother always forced me to clean it up.  In the present time, it's tough to keep the condo neat and organized because sometimes I feel burnt out at the end of the day and sometimes spend weekends relaxing in bed in order to regain my energy.  Other times, I have those sinus headaches which make me lie down in bed for many hours at a time.

Moving stuff around in the last two days hurt my back a lot!  It still feels agony right now.  I'm still recovering from a car accident I had more than a year ago.  My place looks different now.  Storm and Cap, my two cats, don't seem bothered by the new furniture.  That's good because they loved the old coffee table a lot.  The new one is bigger and better.  I now have a recliner chair that is more comfortable than the sofa.  Best of all,  I have a new bed.

With the extra furniture, I can put more clothes and other essential stuff away than my small bedroom closet.

Now, I need more Tylenol to relieve that back pain.

No comments: