Thursday, January 4, 2007

It's Official! Deval's Our New Gov!

It's INAUGURATION DAY!

Today, Deval Patrick was sworn in as the new governor of the state of Massachusetts on the steps of the State House this afternoon.  First time this was done outdoors.  The weather was great.  Patrick is the first African American to be the governor of this state and the second African American to be governor in this nation (the first one was the governor of Virginia).

I only wish I was there, but I still have this cold bothering me even though I was well enough to go to work.  I watched part of the ceremony on TV in the cafeteria at work.  Deval looked great.

Deval talked about change.  I hope he can change the unemployment and underemployment situation for people with Asperger's Syndrome.

Metrowest Daily News article about Deval's Day

Text of Deval Patrick's Speech

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It got a little scary for Patrick toward the end when the Healy forces got nasty and pulled a Willie Horton, but fortunately, it didn't work. New England voters don't usually like the dirty tricks, so i'm not surprised that it didn't work. I like the guy. I wish we had him here in RI.
Gordon