Thursday, March 8, 2007

Captain America RIP

I was stunned last night to learn about Captain America's assassination in the latest issue of his comic book.  It's the epilogue of the Civil War way too long limited series, which pitted superhero against superhero.  It started with a Superhero Registration Act that the US government wants the superheroes to register themselves and reveal their identities.

Personally, I am saddened that the Marvel Comics Group believes that killing off Captain America will increase sales for their comic books.  DC comics did this to Superman 15 years ago as a marketing ploy too.  Nothing original here at Marvel.  Why bother to do it?

Captain America is my favorite superhero.  I even named one of my cats after him.  Reading his adventures always gave me hope during the times of my life when life was hard for me.  Living independently has been a hard uphill battle for me, even before I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome.

I hate Marvel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take heart that it is a publicity stunt and won't last.  But I am with you on being fatigued with these sort of things (and I am annoyed that the press falls for them).  There will always be a Captain America and Steve Rogers will always be him.   Except in that goofy serial.