Thursday, July 13, 2006

BBC Reports that Autism and Other Disorders More Common

A recent report from the BBC News website is saying that autism and other disorders are more common because they are being identified easier than before the 1990s.

When I was diagnosed four years ago, I started thinking about people I've known in my past who acted peculiar and wondered if they were autistic or had some similiar neurological disorder.  I'm not a doctor so there's no way for me to know for certain if they were or weren't (I'm not in touch with a lot of them.  It's hard to maintain friendships over the years).  I do have a nephew who was diagnosed with ADHD when he was a toddler.  Just last year, one of his doctors diagnosed him with having autism traits in addition to ADHD.  Also, I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea last year.

I wonder if I'll be diagnosed with any more disorders as the years go by.

No comments: