Saturday, July 15, 2006

Mayor Menino Was in The Deadly Tunnel an Hour Before!

This afternoon, I was walking into Shaw's in Brighton when I passed by the newspaper stand and saw a picture of Mayor Tom Menino of Boston with the quote "It Could Have Been Me" in big black bold letters.

I also got hysterical seeing that headline.  I put the paper into my shopping cart and proceeded to shop.  After I got home, I immediately pulled the newspaper out of one of the shopping bags to read about the mayor's close call.  He rode into East Boston in his police-driver SUV to visit friends of his.  This was more than an hour before the 3 ton concrete slab fell down onto a car and killed Milnea Del Valle instantly.

I felt relieved that the mayor wasn't killed, but I do feel sorry about Milnea's tragic death.

No comments: