Sunday, December 3, 2006

Doing Things for The Second Time is Great

Yesterday, I visited Salem, Massachusetts, for the second time.  A friend from my church and her two daughters were showing off their creations at an art show in the Old Town Hall in Salem's downtown section.  It was an interesting show.  I saw all kinds of artwork: painting. sculptures, jewelry, photography, etchings, etc.  There was a holiday bizarre upstairs.  I bought a holiday ornament: a bronze broom with a purple cresant moon on it.

Outside, I walked around the area and saw the Bewitched statue, made in honor of Elizabeth Montgomery's character, Samantha Stevens.  It was placed there last year.  I also walked several blocks over to the House of the Seven Gables and looked at it.  I read the book about it in college.

It was back in early July 200 when I visited Salem for the first time with a few friends.  It was in a different part of Salem.  The place had a boardwalk with restaurants and shops.  We spent an afternoon there.  This was the day before I saw the Who in concert at the Tweeter Center.  John Entwhistle was still alive at the time.  He passed away in June 2002.

Btw, I saw the Who in concert at the Garden last night after I got back home from Salem.  The Pretenders opened for them.  I had a great time.  It was the second time I've seen the Who in concert. 

I've seen the Pretenders in concert a few times over the years.

"We Got a Hit" by the Who from the album "Endless Wire"

No comments: