Thursday, April 5, 2007

Taking the Myth Out of Asperger's

ABC News is doing another story about Asperger's called"Asperger's Syndrome: Separating Myth From Reality."   It talks about what Asperger's is and centers more on the lack of social skills in a person.  We are not quirky on purpose.

Earlier this evening, I saw Charlie Gibson on ABC World News Tonight doing a segment called "Echoes of Autism."  He talked about kids with Asperger's Syndrome being bullied.  The kids, fortunately, went to another school where bullying is not tolerated.  They were also teaching them how to converse socially.

I wish a school like existed when I was a kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

    I agree 100%. When my girls were little, they had their share of problems. My youngest was labeled "Slow" and the other two were always defending her... come to think of it, it's still sort of that way. Now Two of my grandchildren are going through it too!