Saturday, April 28, 2007

What A Breezy Perspective!

A great opinion editorial written by a sophmore called Steve Borowsky in the James Madison Univeristy student newspaper called The Breeze.  It's called "Breeze Perspectives: The Mystery of a Madman" regarding the killer of the Virginia Tech Massacre.

Pay attention to the first line of the second to last paragraph of this editorial:

"We must attempt to recognize those around us who need help."

I agree tremendously.  For years I walked around feeling angry and depressed.  Most people wrote me off as being a bitch or a really bad person when, in fact, I was a person who really needed a lot of help with my personal and career problems.  I remember when I was growing up in public school in Montgomery County, Maryland, my fellow students thought I was just a girl who was just mean and wanted to beat up people whenever they teased me.  They thought I was being different than them on purpose, that being different was my decision.  It wasn't my idea to be different from everyone else.  I told them that, and they didn't believe me.

Is it any wonder that I don't bother to communicate with them in the present?

I like what you wrote, Steve, and thanks.

No comments: