Saturday, April 14, 2007

Will This Verizon Soap Opera Ever End?

It took me three weeks to get a new DSL modem from Verizon.  When UPS finally delivered what Verizon ordered for me on April 3, I received two packages!  I assumed (which is a bad thing to do) that they shipped me a duplicate modem.  I only opened one package and had it connected to my eMac computer with the help of a Verizon technical support person on the telephone.

Last Tuesday, I called Verizon in order to get a return postage slip to put on the other box.  The person in Billing told me that the other package that I didn't open has a different modem, a Westell Model 327W that is a wireless network modem.  I was suprised.  Both packages were identical.  I had no idea.  She suggested that I have someone in the Tech Support office help me install it onto my computer when I have the time.

I just did that this afternoon and talked with a Tech Support Person.  This modem is working great.  Now, I have to pack up the other modem, a Westell 6100, and send that back to Verizon.

Right now, the modem is one and no problems.  So far, so good.

No comments: