Tuesday, February 26, 2008

NJ Doctor has an Eureka! Moment

Back in 1999, Dr. Henry Kong read an article in The New York Times about Asperger's Syndrome and had an "Eureka!" moment when he finished.  For most of his life, he wondered why he had difficulty socializing with others and problems with his coordination.  The discovery led him to write a book called More Self than Self: At Autism's Edge, which came out in 2006.

Dr. Kong was born in South Korea and moved with his family to the United States when he was five years old.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been a reader of your journal for awhile now & I can't thank you enough for all the articles you post about Asperger's Syndrome.  My son has it and I am always trying to find more info to understand him better.  

http://journals.aol.com/wildautumn1/this-is-really-me/