Thursday, October 27, 2005

Finally My Car is Back!

Tonight I got my car back after a co-worker's father took it on Sunday to have repaired.  He happens to be a mechanic.  It took a few days because he wanted cash only.  Payday was today for me.  :-)

My car, the Mustang aka Sally, drives smoothly now without any of those bothersome noises.  It was the brakes this time.  I know so little about car care that I'm lucky my car hasn't fallen to pieces like the Blues Brothers' car at the end of their movie.

Of course, Leroy, the mechanic, lectured me about bringing in the car whenever it starts making noises.  Also I should wash it often.  I never have time to go to the carwash.  I wonder how he would have reacted if I told him how many months it's been since the last oil filter change.

I've had Sally for nine years and hardly drove it for the first five years.  It's been in recent years that I had to uses it often than not at all.  When I bought the car at the time, I had hoped I would be married and allow my husband to handle the car care issues.  So far I don't have any candidate for husband.  Unfortunately, I'm still single, so I'm stuck trying to remember to take care of my own car.

I got to worry about my health right now.  I have to go in for lung x-rays because I am still coughing a lot.  The antibiotics helped  somewhat, but I still have a cough.

This Sunday is the Holistic Health Fair in Newton.  Maybe I can get some tips about getting rid of this cough.

No comments: