Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Still Sick and My Car's Sick Too!

I'm still struggling with this head, chest and nasal cold.  I was very feverish over the weekend.  I took some vitamin C, cough syrup, and other remedies.  It seemed like I was getting better, but I am still coughing a lot and blowing my nose often.

Monday night I had trouble with the brakes with my car.  For the past few weeks, they had been squeaking loudly, but because of my cold I didn't have the chance to get them checked out sooner.  I had the brakes fixed three years ago, but I don't know what's caused the brakes to fail Monday night.  Also, one of my hubcaps turned brown.  One of the mechanics that looked at my car last night said that it's called brake dust.  Never heard of that term when I was in Driver's Ed.

I'm going have another mechanic look at my car to see what caused this to happen and figure out how to fix it without draining my finances.  My car has do its annual state safety inspection this month, or I'll get in trouble if my car doesn't pass the test.

I already had enough car trouble earlier this year and it was just last December when I had the car accident.  I'm not able to afford a new car right now.

No comments: