Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Telephone Repair Man

Last Monday afternoon, the telephone repair man came by my condo to check and test my phone line.  First, we had a hard time searching for my condo's building manager who had the key to unlock the telephone room.  When I thought that Mike, the building manager, was away, I let the telephone repair man leave while I called Mike's answering machine.

I felt so relieved and surprised when Mike himself answered the phone.  I ran into the hallway and stopped the telephone repair man from leaving.  Mike unlocked the telephone room for him, and he checked the line to my condo.  A half hour later, he went back to my condo and checked my telephone jack.  Next, he went back down to the telephone room where he discovered that the problem was coming from outside the building somewhere in the street.

Now, the telephone company has to send another repair man to work on the outside line again in order to fix the bad line problem.

So here I am again waiting for the line to be fixed.  I am glad that I was able to get online tonight.  It only took about a half hour this time.  Waiting is the hardest part.

No comments: