Friday, April 21, 2006

Those Mean CBS Radio People Took Away Diamond Dave!

I was sad to hear (but not shocked) that CBS Radio has cancelled David Lee Roth's radio show after 3 1/2 months.  I guess they forgot that it takes time and patience to grow a new audience.  They were obviously more concerned about making money than trying something new and different.

With David Lee Roth gone, I have no other reason to listen to WBCN for the moment.  The Rock of Boston has been so dull in recent years.  David Lee Roth put some energy back into its airwaves.  Sure WBCN lost listeners, but they were Howard Stern's fans.

I listened to David when he filled in last year on WZLX in Boston for the regular morning team, and he was spectacular.  Do you know what happened to the WZLX morning team after David was done?  They got fired!  The new team that was hired in July 2005 hasn't been interesting at all.   It was great to jump over to listen to David when he debuted in January.

Now, who am I going to listen to now in the morning while I'm getting ready for work next week?

For more info about David Lee Roth, check with CBS News.

No comments: