Sunday, July 8, 2007

Happy Birthday, Outside In, My Blog!

I can't believe I've been doing this for two years!  I was worried that nobody would notice it, but I get e-mails from others saying they read my blog.

Originally, Outside In was going to be a public affairs show on Allston-Brighton free radio in December 2004 to raise awareness of Asperger's Syndrome and The Asperger Association of New England (AANE).  I had just been trained to use their equipment in their air studio on December 5, 2004.  However, the next night I was in a terrible car accident and suffered spine and knee injuries (I'm much better now.  I'm still doing workouts to get my knee back in shape.  Knee injuries are the worst).  In January 2005, Allston-Brighton free radio went silent forever.

Months later, I decided to start a blog using that name, Outside In.  I already had two websites about Asperger's Syndrome called Uncommon Bostonian and Uncommon Bostonian's Uncommentary.  I wanted to do something a little different with the blog.  I had learned a lot about blogging by looking at Charles Laquidara's blog called The Big Mattress and other blogs.  Also, I am experienced at journaling.  I've had my own personal journal for 25 years.  So in July 2005, I started my own blog called Outside In.

It's been fun so far.  I love posting my thoughts and the latest news about Asperger's Syndrome.  Also, I love writing about pop culture because I was always interested in writing my own column.  And the videos and pictures galore on this blog!  Wow!

Of course, I love writing about how much I love the Beatles!

Happy Birthday,
Outside In!

No comments: