Friday, July 6, 2007

Holy Birthday, Batman! Burt Ward's 62!

Happy Birthday,
Burt Ward
Robin, The Boy Wonder


I loved watching Batman reruns on TV during the 1970s when I was little.  My parents and older siblings (except my older brother, James) were not too crazy over the fact that I religiously watched this show every day after school.  Years later in 1977, I even watched the Batman Saturday Morning Cartoon Show that featured Adam West and Burt Ward doing the voices of Batman and Robin.  That cartoon has been released recently on DVD.

I always loved Burt Ward.  I haven't had the chance to meet him, but I have met a few of his co-workers: Adam West, Frank Gorshin, Julie Newmar and Yvonne Craig.  They were nice.  I have never mentioned the fact that I met these actors to my parents because they would say something very negative.  They totally resented them.  I'm not certain if it is because I enjoyed their work so much or that my parents didn't like their talents.  I still find it amazing that my own mother gets very annoyed if I watch cartoons or the old Batman TV show whenever I visited her and Daddy in suburban Maryland, just outside of Washington, DC.
------------------------------------------------------------------
July 6th is a big birthday date for a lot of people:

John Byrne - comic writer/artist (Fantastic Four, X-Men, Superman, etc.) - 57
Slyvester Stallone - actor ("Rocky" and "Rambo") - 61
Ned Beatty - actor ("Superman - The Motion Picture" and "Deliverance") - 70
William Schallert  - actor (Patty Duke's Dad) - 85
Merv Griffin - TV talk show host - 82
Bill Haley - Rock Legend (Bill Haley and the Comets) would have been 82 (died in 1981)
Nancy Reagan - former First Lady - 86

Happy Birthday to all!

*******************************************

Also, on this date back in 1957, John Lennon met Paul McCartney for the very first time!

*******************************************

Burt Ward at Wizard World Philadephia this year

No comments: