Saturday, May 10, 2008

Annapolis Has Autism Awareness

A newspaper in Annapolis, Maryland, called The Capitol has a well written article titled Autism Can Strike Any Family.  It goes in depth about the situation now with autism and the different types of autism/Asperger's out there.

The article calls for early and aggressive treatment intervention for children with autism.  It's written by a clinical psychologist named Dr. Scott E. Smith who recommends families to get in contact with the Bethesda-based Autism Society of America.  http://www.autism-society.org

I only wish this organization existed when I was going to Leland Jr. High and Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School in Bethesda during the 1970s and 1980s.  I would have gotten the much needed help I wanted at that time, even though I didn't know I was autistic.

No comments: