Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Another Hard Day's Sleep Study

Last Saturday night, I went over to the Sleep Clinic at B.I. Hospital for my scheduled sleep study.  I called ahead and asked if I could come in a half hour early, and they didn't mind at all.  When I got there, I was surprised that they had me in a different room this time around.  I was even more surprised when the technologist asked if I brought my nasal pillow and CPAP with me. 

"But it wasn't mentioned to me," I said back.  Ron, the technologist, did find a duplicate of my nasal pillow with the proper head gear.  I used the CPAP that was already in the room.

After being hooked up with the electrodes all over my body, it took awhile for me to fall asleep.  Then again, who would fall asleep early on a Saturday night?  I watched the Saturday Night Live rerun with Will Farrell as the guest host.  The real coincedence is that the last time I did a sleep study was back in May when that show was done live.  The new season starts next Saturday, October 1.

The room was very cold.  I had to wake up in the middle of the night and ask for an extra blanket and turn up the heat.  I had been feeling sick that whole weekend and being in that cold room made me feel worse the next day.  Ron, the technologist, was nice enough to give me some toothpaste and a toothbrush because I forgot mine this time around.

I felt well rested when I woke despite feeling a little congested from my slight cold.  I filled out the survey sheet, shampooed and dried my hair, and left for home.

Now I have to wait and see what my sleep doctor says about this sleep study.

No comments: