Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Uncommentary - What is it?

I should explain what The Uncommentary website is that I have listed in the Favorite Sites section.  This site used to be my blog.  When I started it in December 2002 with the Uncommon Bostonian website, AOL didn't have blogs.  They started those in 2003.

When I started with the two websites, I called the first one, Uncommon Bostonian, because that is the working title of my memoir.  The second one I had no idea what to do with it.  The webhost, Unim, suggested that I make it into an online shopping mall.  I did and named it Uncommon Collectables featuring The Uncommentary, but I didn't get any sales.  So I made the mall disappear and renamed it just The Uncommentary.

So I have been using that at an irregulat basis as a blog for the last couple of years until I started this blog.  It's hard to edit the two websites because the software is not compatable to my eMac.  I usually have to go to the Boston Public Library to do the fancy editing changes on the two.

So the big question here is: Do I still use Uncommentary as a blog?  No, but I'll use it as my own online magazine.  So I have to do some major changes there.

Stay tuned.

No comments: