Saturday, September 3, 2005

Desperately Seeking Gas!

Thursday night (September 1) was hectic.  First I was watching the latest news about New Orleans and its citizens.  I was already in tears in a matter of moments.  That's been a ritual for me every night this week.

I went online to saw the news about Fats Domino being missing.  That created more tears because I am a fan of his music ("Ain't That A Shame" "Blueberry Hill" "I'm Walking" and so many others).  After surfing the 'Net for awhile I remembered that I had to get some groceries and gas.  Also I had my free energy healing appointment at Open Doors in Brighton.

As I drove I saw a lot of cars out and was shocked to see a line of cars at one gas station.  The price of regular gas was $2.99!  I wanted to put my car in line but I had my appointment at 8:30 so I headed towards the grocery store.

I saw so many gas stations with the prices going over $3 made my head spin.  Seeing cars in line made think about the 1970s when Nixon and Carter were Presidents and had their own energy crises.  Never thought I see cars in line again at the gas stations.

I had such a busy night because I also had to get something to eat because I didn't bother to make myself dinner before going out.  I was too distracted by the TV news.

When I got back over to the gas station that had the $2.99 regular gas, the price went up to $3.10.  Then I saw the hand-written sign on the pump I pulled up next to.  It said "Out of Regular Gas."  I had to drive some other station that had a larger price for regular gas.

Eventually I got some gas into my car, but I didn't fill it all the way.  I am starting to have visions of my car sitting somewhere with an empty gas tank that I won't able to pay for because of the high costs. 

Btw, I got home by 10:30 pm.  Better late than never.

After I woke up the next morning, I heard good news.  Fats Domino was rescued from his flooded house in New Orleans.  I cried tears of relief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got good news from my cousin Johnny in New Orleans. He, his wife and their kids are fine. My cousin Doug is there now restoring electricity. He is a  lineman. I was a little afraid when I heard of that lineman being killed and prayed for Doug. He's okay. I called his wife  yesterday.  I feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders knowing that Johnny is safe. Johnny works at the hospital where they were getting people off the roof. He was raised in New Orleans.