Friday, December 16, 2005

Another Reason Why I Want To Write A Memoir

For many years, actually most of my life, people thought I was either crazy, stupid or just bad because I would do things that got them mad.  They would believe that I was doing it on purpose to get their attention, but that was never the case.  It was because of my disorders that I was coming across in a negative way to others. 

The part of my brain that would instinctively know how to behave and communicate properly with others has been developmentally delayed.  It may take most of my life to learn how to act and communicate appropriately to others.

The really bizarre part before I found out that I have Asperger's Syndrome was that others, including family, didn't suspect I had a neurological disorder.  That concept was just too impossible for them to accept, even after I told them that I didn't have the capablility to do certain things like being able to read faces and body language.

I just want to tell the world the truth that Asperger's Syndrome does exist in me.

No comments: