Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Sad Anniversary -- the Death of Roy Orbison!

This December 6 marks the 17th anniversary of the death of rock singer/guitarist Roy Orbison.  He had a heart attack when it was a very good time in his life.  He, along with Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, George Harrison and Jeff Lynn, had just release the Traveling Wilburys first album a mere six weeks before.  Roy had was just finishing his new album, Mystery Girl, as well when the tragedy happened.

Very sad.  I still remember when I woke up the next morning and found out on the radio.  I was listening to Joe and Andy in the morning at the old WROR (98.5 FM) when I heard Joe sadly announced that Roy had died of a heart attack.  I cried heavily that morning.

We still miss you, Roy.

Btw, Roy Orbison was singing "Pretty Paper" on the radio when my car crashed into a fence a year ago this night.  The car radio was tuned to WODS, Oldies 103, which was right down the street from where I crashed.  Very eerie!

No comments: