Saturday, February 11, 2006

And Now My Mac Won't Work!

It seems my bad luck never seems to end.  Right after I made my last blog entry on Tuesday night, my Mac computer froze and would not reboot.  I called my phone company to see if the DSL was causing the trouble.  It turns out that it's not.  It's something inside the Mac.

I called Apple during work on Wednesday and the person I talked to said he would e-mail it to me.  Since I have an old Mac Performa at my condo and the telephone line is working again, I said that I would use the Performa to retrieve the e-mail.

Because I had other things to do on Wednesday and Thursday night this week, it was on Friday night when I had my chance to use my old Mac Performa.  I got on AOL with no problem.

Unfortunately, the computer crashed.  When I restarted it, the moniter screen went black.  It looks like the bulb went out on it.  I've had that computer for almost nine years.  I wouldn't be able to see anything on the old Performa so I called Apple again.

The technician walked me through some things with my modern Mac in order to restart it.  Unfortunately, that didn't help.  So the technician told me to bring it in to a nearby Apple store for repair.

Today, I wasn't able to get my building manager to lift that heavy eMac computer to my car so it's likely that I'll have to bring it in for repair sometime next week.

So my struggle to be a successful writer with Asperger's Syndrome continues...

No comments: