Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Will The Ground Hog fix my Telephone line?

I'm at the Boston Public Library at Copley Square once again, checking my e-mails.  I tried to get the new phone company I just signed with last week to fix my phone line last night, but that plan didn't work.  The technician was supposed to show up between 4 pm and 8 pm.  My building manager was home during that time to let him in, but after 8 pm came and went he had to go out to do errands.  I was home by that time and called the new phone company using the building manager's cellphone  to ask them where the technician was.  The telephone rep told me that he left for my cond at 7:43 pm.

"But it's now 8:15 pm!  Where is he?" I asked as I talked to her.  She explained that they couldn't contact the technician while he was on the road working because they have no cell phones.

I called today and learned that he did come to my condo building just before 9 pm, but he didn't see my sign on the front door of the building and just called my manager's home phone number.  So, I had to schedule a repair time for a Saturday morning because they can send someone on Saturday.  The old phone company would never send anyone on Saturday to my place at all.  That's why I switched phone companies.

Now, I have to hold my breath until Saturday.  I only wish the Ground Hog could fix tomorrow.

No comments: