Saturday, February 3, 2007

Look at Augusten Burroughs' Brother in the Eyes!

John E. Robison, the brother of Running with Scissors author Augusten Burroughs, has written his own memoir, Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's.  John was formerly a roadie for Kiss, the rock band.  John left home just before Augusten was forced to live with the Finch Family.   I expect this to be an interesting memoir since John was involved with a very famous rock band.

Just a reminder: Augusten's memoir was made into a movie that came out last year starring Annette Benning. 

Currently, Augusten whose real name is Chris Robison lives right next door to John these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am John Robison, author of Look Me In The Eye, a memoir of my life with Asperger’s.  I was glad to see you posted the announcement of my book on your site.  

I will be discussing the book on both my web site, www.johnrobison.com and my blog http://jerobison.blogspot.com/   I invite you to visit and comment often.

I was indeed with KISS, but I wasn't a roadie.  I designed and built the special effects guitars that Ace made famous - the smoker, the rocket guitars, the light guitars, etc.  You can read it all in the book.  You can also read about my Aspergian childhood and the path I've followed to where I am today.

It is my hope that this book will put the reality of growing up Aspergian before the general public.  Greater awareness should lead to greater tolerance and understanding, something we can all benefit from, regardless of age or condition.