Saturday, December 8, 2007

Let's Not Forget Jim Morrison Today!

Happy Birthday,
Jim Morrison

(December 8, 1943 - July 3, 1971)

Overshadowed by John Lennon's murder, Jim Morrison's birthday is today.  However, a lot of radio stations focus more on John Lennon on this day and briefly mention that it's Jim's birthday today.

Back in 1981, I read the biography about Jim Morrison, lead singer of the Doors called No One Here Gets Out Alive by Jerry Hopkins and Danny Sugerman when I was a high schooler in suburban Maryland, just outside of Washington, DC.  After reading it, I felt very compelled to go to college and find a career.  It was a life-altering moment for me because it helped me become ambitious.  I was such a different person back then.  I felt as though my life was hopeless and unfocused.

Thanks, Jim, for the Mojo Rising.

Jim Morrison Shocks the World in 1969



"Touch Me" by The Doors (From the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour)



"Break On Through" by The Doors (on the TV show called "Shebang")

No comments: