Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New York Times Writes about John Robison's Book, "Look Me in The Eye"

Yesterday, The New York Times did an article called "Books: Seeing Yourself in Autism" which talks about John Robison's memoir, Look Me in The Eye.  This is a great article because they address that John gives insight, in his memoir, of what his life was before he was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. 

I like the paragraph in the article that says, "For parents of children with Asperger’s, Mr. Robison’s story will give them hope."  I had just finish reading John's book over the weekend and it filled me with hope.  I happen to be an adult with Asperger's, not a parent though.

I've had many similar struggles with socializing with others and ending up being isolated a lot.  People thought the worst from me, and I wondered why they saw something different about me and why they didn't seem to have a clue what I was thinking and feeling.  I'm glad there are others like John to tell our story.

Check out John Robinson's thoughts about the NY Times article:

http://jerobison.blogspot.com/2007/12/me-in-new-york-times-upcoming-events.html

No comments: