Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Cry for New Orleans

I've been watching the news reports about the devastation done by Hurricane Katrina.  It's tough to watch without crying a lot for what's happened to New Oreleans.  Most of it (80%) is underwater.  The Superdome has two big holes in it.

I once visited New Orleans back in 1976 when I was little.  My family was driving through there on the way to Florida.  It was August.  We first drover from DC to Houston (my mother's hometown) to visit my sick great-grandmother (who died a month later).  We stopped off in New Orleans for a day or so.  I really can't remember much because this was almost 30 years ago.  I remember touring the Superdome.  That place was huge!

Haven't had the chance to go back there to visit but want to.  Still do.  I even thought about living there once, but I didn't have the income to move down there myself.

I can't help but cry.   Some articles say that people with Asperger's Syndrome don't have empathy, but they are wrong.  We do.

No comments: