Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's Been A Hard Week's Week!

It's finally Saturday once again.  What a week I had!  First, I had car trouble on Monday night.  The next morning I heard on WODS radio that Austin of Boston had passed away.  Then later that afternoon while I was listening at WBOS at work, I heard that Billy Preston had passed away after being in a coma since last November.

Then, on Wednesday night, I got an e-mail from my fellow Boston Beanstalks, Jan and Susan Huffman, that their tenant and best friend, Dr. Florence Wilson, had died all of sudden over the weekend.  I felt sad, but I had to focus on studying for my test on Property and Liability Insurance.

The following morning, I took my exam in the test room at work and passed!  I felt relieved.  My manager was so excited that I passed that she gave me a "high-five." I later learned that my three co-workers who also took the test failed.  I didn't have the time celebrate that evening because I went to the wake for Florence and learned from Jan what the cause of death was: brain anuyerism (not certain that's the correct spelling).  The last time I saw Florence was at Jan and Susan's Memorial Day picnic, just a week before her sudden death.

At work Friday morning, we all threw a bridal shower for my manager who is getting married on July 1.  I felt exhausted by the time I got home last night.  I just sat in front of my TV set and watched the episodes of "One Life to Live" and "General Hospital" that my vcr taped during the week.

Later this morning, I go over to Mass Eye & Ear for my CAT scan so that the doctor can find out what's causing my bad sinus headaches.

Tonight, Kool & the Gang are in town to perform at the Hatch Shell to kick off the WODS Free Concert Summer Series.  It's raining out there right now.  I hope it doesn't get rained out.

No comments: