Tuesday, June 6, 2006

RIP Austin of Boston

I heard the sad news this morning on WODS that their former morning man, Austin of Boston, had passed away over the weekend.  Austin had worked as the morning DJ there during most of the 1990s at that station.  He had been recently working at WROR in Boston since January 2006.

I once met Austin at one of the WODS free summer concerts back in 1994, and he was very kind to me.  I once asked him if he were working at a radio station in Poughkeepsie, what would he call himself?  He simply giggled back.

RIP Austin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he could have called himself the Gypsy of Poughkeepsie. Working in radio I imagine can be a bit of a gypsy lifestyle, moving around from job to job. Too bad a popular radio guiy has departed. I didn't really hear him much, because I'm more likely to listen to local radio down here in Providence in the morning. He had a loyal following, from what I can see.
Gordon