Thursday, June 7, 2007

Sleep with CPAP More

According to an article called "Longer Treatment Benefits Sleep Apnea Patients" in DentalPlans.com, using the CPAP for 7.5 hours will show great results in alertness during the day.  They cite a study recently conducted at the National Institues of Health's National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.  However, most patients average about 5 hours of sleep.

It's tough to get to bed early.  I know I've tried, but I have so many things to do (like typing in this blog).  I have to take Melatonin to help myself fell sleepy in the evening.  My doctor has been urging me to get to bed early, but it's hard.  Earlier this evening I had a stressful experience regarding my car.  The "Check Engine" light came on as soon as I started driving it.  So I had to leave it at the auto shop tonight and will have to wait until tomorrow to find out what's wrong now.

That alone will cause a sleepless night.  Time to take the Melatonin.

No comments: