Friday, August 31, 2007

Don't Drive while Sleeping!

An article called "Labor Day Weekend Drivers: Don't Doze Off" points out that people with undiagnosed sleep apnea are twice as likely to be in a car crash.  Before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, I would rarely drive to places far away from my condo.  I usually drive for an hour at most and then take a break.  There were a few occasions when I drove long distance to see concert, but other people were with me to keep me awake.

I kept my long-distance driving to a minimum because I remembered before I got my driver's license that I would always fall asleep in the passenger seat during very long car trips.  I didn't drive my car whenever I felt drowsy and wanted to sleep.

When I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2005, I was glad that I kept my long-distance driving to a minimum.

No comments: