Friday, August 31, 2007

Remembering Princess Diana

Ten years ago, I was cleaning up my condo.  I had been living there for a year and I wanted to rearrange things in my condo.  I took a break from my task to go to the drug store.  On the way back home, I heard on the car radio that Princess Diana was in a car accident that killed her boyfriend.  I was stunned.

A little bit later that night, I was watching a rerun of "Saturday Night Live" when the news interrupted announcing that Princess Diana was dying in a hospital as result of being injured in a car accident.  It was eerie that the whole world was watching her die on the air.

I couldn't help but remember when I was teenager watching her wedding to Prince Charles back in 1981.  That seemed like a century ago.  It was sad to see that she ended up divorcing Charles, but it seemed like her love life was going to get better.  Then, the car accident happened.  The whole tragedy seems bizarre.  She was very young.

Elton John pays tribute at Princess Diana's Funeral with a revised version of "Candle in the Wind"

No comments: