Saturday, August 11, 2007

Outside In Song of The Week

Tonight, I am going to see the Beach Boys do a free concert on the Esplanade in Boston, Massachusetts.  Back in the early 1980s, the Beach Boys did free concerts on the Mall in Washington, DC, for the 4th of July celebration.  My parents would never let me go see them.  To this day, I don't know why.

Up here in Boston, I can go to free concerts whenever I want to.  This past Wednesday, I saw the 5th Dimension and met Florence LaRue, one of the original members of that group.  It's wonder to go these free concerts in Boston.

The Beach Boys will be coming on to play at 7 PM tonight.  It is the final concert of the Summer Free Concert Series hosted by WODS-FM, Oldies 103.3.

"California Girls" by The Beach Boys (Introduction by Jack Benny)

No comments: