Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Happy Birthday to a Batman and an U.N.C.L.E. Agent

Happy Birthday,
Adam West!


I grew up watching him as Batman during the 1970s and 1980s.  Loved that show very much.  I met him once back in 2002 at a science fiction convention, and he looked great!!!!

Watching "Batman" made me happy, and it was pure escapism.  When I was a child, I was not popular with the other kids.   I was teased.  I was picked on.  At home, I had a friend at home on the TV set.  I wanted to marry him.

The 1965 ABC Batman Network Presentation (this is how William Dozier, the producer of "Batman," sold the show to the network)





Happy Birthday,
David McCallum

(Illya Kuriakin of Man from U.N.C.L.E. & Ducky of NCIS)

I loved watching "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." while I was growing up too.  I couldn't get enough of this show.  I even have some the paperback novels, which have been out of print for decades.

The Black and White Opening of "The Man from U.N.C. L.E." featuring David McCallum, Robert Vaughn, and Leo G. Carroll

No comments: