Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I Met The Cos Tonight!

At Borders Bookstore in Downtown Crossing tonight, comedian Bill Cosby and his friend Alvin F. Poussaint, MD of Harvard University did a discussion and book signing for their new book, Come On People.  Mel Robbins, the hostess for "Advice for Living" the online talk show on Bordersmedia.com, interviewed both of them for almost an hour. 

Cosby and Pussaint were talking about how to strengthen America and offered solutions to many problems.  They talked about the drug problem, overcrowding prisons, and child abuse as examples.   Their basic message is in the subtitle of their book, "On the Path from Victims to Victors." 

It's time to take action and responsibility, and their book, Come On People, is the guidebook.

It was great for me to meet Bill Cosby because I grew up watching him on TV.  I told him that he asked me if I was trying to make him feel old.  Hey, I loved his work.   I gave him my business card with the address for Outside In on it  and  told him that I have two blogs.  He said that I had one blog too many.

What a great encounter with a legend!

No comments: