Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bad News: AOL Journals Shutting Down on Oct. 31

I hate it when I get e-mails like this.  I just found out that AOL Journals which hosts this blog, Outside In, and my other blog, Uncommon Bostonian, is shutting down forever on October 31.  The AOL Tech people will be notifying us AOL bloggers next week about how to transfer our blogs.

This makes me dismayed and annoyed.  I worked so hard at this one blog.  I have tons of entries in this blog alone.  I've been doing this for more than three years. 

I'm still upset about the local newspaper Boston Now folding back in April where I was one of their volunteer bloggers.  I hate it when fun things come to an end.

So, what's the future for this blog?  I hope the AOL Tech people will help me and the others with transitioning this blog to another host website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain.

I just posted a list of alternatives on my journal, maybe that might help you.
I think for your type of writing, you would be extremely happy at Wordpress.

http://journals.aol.com/ladyinksalot/the-ink-blotter/

Jean