Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Another Sleep Study on the Horizon

Yesterday afternoon, I made an appointment to do another sleep study in September.  It's the doctor's idea.  I'm not too crazy about getting my hair messed up again with all that glue.  It's tough enough to get all that glue off my body the last two times.

The first time was in February on President's Day.  I was very nervious all day and had a sinus headache.  I stupidly took ibuprofen on an empty stomach for the headache and got really sick that afternoon.  I threw up continously for an hour.

Fortunately I felt a little better around 7:30 pm.  My arrival time at the sleep clinic was 8:30 pm so I went over there on time, despite the new snowstorm that started just before I drove away from my condo.  I actually had to shovel away some snow in order to get the car out of my condo's parking lot.

Once I got there I asked the technician if I got over to the drug store next door to Beth Israel and get some sinus medicine, crackers and ginger ale.  She said it was okay and I slowly walked through the snow wearing my sneakers.  At least I didn't slip.  The technician hooked me up in all that electrodes and stuff about an hour after I came back.

It took me awhile that first time for me to fall asleep because it's hard for me to go to bed early.  So I got to watch David Letterman.

It wasn't so bad the first time.  The electrodes on my left leg kept coming off during the night and I had to awakened everytime it happened.  I was very groggy in the morning when the study was done.

The second time I did the sleep study back in May wasn't so bad.  It was a lot easier that time because they hooked me up to a CPAP, and I was more relaxed.

No comments: