Saturday, August 27, 2005

Been Working on My Book Proposal

I spent most of last night re-writing Chapter 3 of my memoir, Uncommon Bostonian.  A lengthy task to say the least.  It's an important chapter for me because it was a very serious time in my life.  It's important to have my sample chapters look good in my book proposal so I can get a great book deal.

I have so many reasons to write this memoir because it explains how I discovered that I have Asperger's Syndrome and Non-Verbal Learning Disorder.  The clues that I have these conditions were obvious to everyone around me, but everyone including me were not familiar with AS and NLD during the 1990s.  I recall on several occasions in the past telling others that I wasn't good at socializing and had trouble reading facial expressions, but they dismissed my statements and said that I did have these skills and knew how to use them.

They were very wrong.

No comments: