Saturday, August 6, 2005

Follow-Up With The Sleep Doctor

Yesterday afternoon before the thunderstorms hit Boston, I met with my sleep doctor and his new assitant regarding the use of my CPAP.  The assistant asked me a ton of questions how my sleep has changed.  I did mention the problem of the first mask I used when I started using the CPAP on June 12.  The mark on my forehead is still visible and has hardly faded away.  The nostril pillow that replaced the mask is better and more comfortable at night though.  I am using the small nostrils size instead of the meduim and large sizes.

It's always been hard for me to tell how good or bad my sleep is or at least remember how my sleep went in general.  I have so many other concerns right now: Work, blog, memoir, my two cats, etc.  Living alone with two cats leaves me with cleaning up after them and feeding them.  They always have to remind me of giving them fresh water.  Otherwise they wake me up in the middle of the night.

Now the sleep doctor wants me to turn off most of the lights at my condo after 8:00 pm and get to bed at 11:00 pm.  This leaves me little time to put entries in the blog during the week and work on my memoir.  I hope this improves my sleep.

I had a headache and my sinuses were bothering all day yesterday.  It might have been stress related.  When I finally got home (I went to the store after seeing the doctor), I was very tired the whole evening.  I actually got to bed around 11:30 PM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello I'm a fan of Freddie Mercury also.