Thursday, August 4, 2005

Coincedences

Regarding that awful car accident I had, it was on December 6, 2004, the 16th anniversary of Roy Orbison's death.  Two cars hit my Mustang from behind causing it to skid on the icy bridge.  The car radio was on when it hit the wire fence and I just sat there feeling relieved that I was still alive despite my injuries to my neck, back and right knee.  I recognized the song "Pretty Paper" by Roy Orbison!

After smelling the burnt rubber of the tires, I scrambled out of the car and look across at the two other cars.  After talking to the other drivers, I looked down the street opposite of where my Mustang had crashed and saw the radio station my car radio was tuned to: WODS, Oldies 103.

Then I couldn't help but remember WHTT, the radio station I interned at in early part of 1986 in the Prudential Tower.  WHTT later became WMRQ in July 1986 before moving to Downtown Crossing later that year and then became WODS in October 1987.  I can't remember when they moved to Leo Birmingham Parkway in Brighton, their current location.

No comments: