Thursday, August 4, 2005

Freddie Mercury, Somebody Still Loves You!

Last night, I got my latest NetFlix DVD, Queen - Live at Wembley Stadium.  I enjoyed it immensely!  In the past I have only seen the videos from this movie, but not the whole thing.  I didn't have the opportunity to buy the VHS when it came out back in 1990, a year before Freddie's untimely death because of AIDS.  That's because I bought my first VCR in September 1992.  I didn't feel like buying the VHS because videotape, just like audio tape, breaks.  In fact, I don't have a lot of VHS tapes in my possession.  I don't play the ones I have very often these days.  I am definately going to put this Queen DVD on my birthday/X-Mas wishlist.

In the memoir I'm working on, I mention Freddie's name a lot.  In fact, I title one of my chapters, "Radio Ga-Ga."  I show flashbacks to where I was when I heard my very first Queen song, how I found out about his death in 1991and what was happening to me on the 10th anniversary of his death (November 24, 2001).

One of my biggest regrets in life is that I never had the chance to see Queen in person.  It devastated me tremendously when I heard the sad news that Freddie had died.  When I was a disc jockey, I played a lot of Queen's songs.

Favorite Queen song: Tie between "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions"

No comments: