Saturday, August 27, 2005

Happy 20th Anniversary WZLX-FM!

Last night WZLX had their own 20th anniversary bash at the Steve Miller concert.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend because I was under the weather.  Besides the cost of gasoline is so high now and the event was in Mansfield, Massachusetts, which is a long distance away from Boston.  It takes an hour to get out there.

I remember back in 1985 that I was starting my senior year at Emerson College in Boston.  Many times I have tried to get a job there, but I was unsuccessful everytime (thanks to Asperger's Syndrome).  At least I was able to do job interviews there, but that was always my downfall because I wasn't able to do eye contact correctly (Yes, AS got in the way again).

I listened to WZLX over the years off and on.   I knew almost every Program Director there during its 20-year existance except for two: John Shombly (sp?) and the current PD Beau Raines.  They have some great morning DJs (Charles Laquidara, Annalisa, Ken Shelton, George Taylor Morris and Jeff Gonzer) and a few bad morning DJs (Bill Smith, Tai and Steve Sweeney).

Here's to the next 20 years of Classic Rock!

No comments: