Thursday, October 26, 2006

Blackout!

Tonight, I was driving to the grocery store that I like to go to because it's big.  On the way there, I went throught Cleveland Circle and was surprised to see the traffic lights and headlights were off.  In fact, all the lights in the buildings in the few blocks around that area were off.  It was a total blackout.

I had to carefully drive through intersections and turn on my car's highbeams to see where I was going.  I got through the blackout area with no problems.  It was an odd feeling like driving through a black hole.  Other cars and subway trollers were moving cautiously through the darkness.

I also encountered the blackout area again while driving down another street after leaving the big grocery store.  I was heading towards another grocery store I like to shop at.  I found it odd that there were no policemen to direct the traffic.

No comments: