Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Reseachers Trying to Solve Autism's Mysteries

I found another article that talks about efforts at other labs that are trying to find what causes autism.  One lab is going to use mice.  Families are donating DNA samples with another lab.  Could it be a drug that the baby or mother took during pregnancy?

Lots of questions out there.  It's nice to know that the reseachers and scientists are active in finding what cause autism and Asperger's in people.  Twenty years ago, this wasn't happening.

Better late than never.  It was twenty years ago when I graduated from Emerson College in Boston.  I went out into the working world and had a very difficult time.  Not one person thought that I might have a neurological disorder.  I remember that people treated me as though I was weird or just a rude person.  That wasn't me at all.  I was very confused about people's negative reactions towards me because I had no idea what I did to bring it on.  As far as I knew, I didn't do anything to make the other person uncomfortable.

No comments: