Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hard to Get to Sleep for Kids with AS

A new study says that children with Asperger's Syndrome have sleep problems.  The results are that there is a high prevalence of sleep disorders and problems getting to sleep and sleep restlessness during the night.

I remember when I was a kid that I had a hard time going to sleep and not getting a good night's sleep.  Sometimes, I went to bed early in the evening and ended up waking up in the middle of the night.  I had a really hard time getting back to sleep.

It was until 2005 when I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea.  It turns out that I wake up many times during the night without my knowing it.  I wasn't able to have a deep sleep because of that.  My breathing would stop making me wake up.  That's why I use a CPAP machine to help me breathe through the night.

Of course, I have to take Melatonin, a vitamin supplement to aid the Melatonin that's in my brain to make me go to sleep.

No comments: