Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Time Management - Tough Task

I have been preoccupied from one thing after the other these days.  I don't seem to have time to write entries here in my blog or at the other blog (Uncommon Bostonian).  Right now, I am planning my Thanksgiving vacation and that holiday is just around the corner.  Yes, I know I am very late in doing this.

In the past, I was able to get my travel plans done sooner, but so many other things distract me like my looking for a better paying job (no one at my present job is aware of my blogging so it's safe for me to mention my job search here).  I don't want to go into detail about a personal matter involving my family here because that's too personal for the Internet.

When I am planning a trip, I first have to make certain that my cats are taken care of.  They're both senior citizens, and one of them is diabetic and needs insulin twice daily.  Doing telephone tag with the pet sitter is always stressful, but I need her assurance that she will be there to look after them while I am away.  Once I hear from her, I'll feel more comfortable with making my travel plans.

Thanksgiving vacation is always stressful for me because I get into conflicts with my family.  I know it's supposed to be a good gathering for family, but not with mine.  There's always a battle about something.

It's hard for me to sort out the time to do things even on vacation or not.  I have so many things to read like books and articles, etc.  I never have enough time to get to them.  This is probably a side-effect of my Asperger's Syndrome or my Non-verbal Learning Disorder or both.

I just like to write for a living and get paid for it.  I wonder why so many people are able to make money writing while I can't.  I love writing, but the money hasn't followed.  Marsha Sinetar was wrong when she wrote Do What You Love and The Money Will Follow.

No comments: