Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My X-MAS Tree is Up!

My Christmas tree is up, but it's not completely decorated.  At least, the lights are on it and they work.  My tradition is usually when I get back from Thanksgiving vacation I put up my Christmas tree and decorate my home.  However, I had to start today with just putting the tree up because I had other matters to attend to.

Just before Thanksgiving, back on Sunday, November 18, my 10-year-old water heater burst while I was in the shower shampooing my hair.  My building manager had to shut off the hot water.  It was a good thing I spent part of Thanksgiving week with my parents at their house in Maryland.  I would have gone nuts with living in condo with no hot water for a week.  The earliest time for my getting a new water heater was after Thanksgiving.

Also, on that same Sunday my car started experiencing problems while I was driving home from Watertown that night.  The steering wheel creaked and squeeked every time I turned it.  I just got my car fixed today.  Lots of old parts in the steering column deteriorated  and had to replaced.  I just got my car back tonight.  It's working fine for now.

Anyway, I am glad I have my Christmas tree up.  I'll continue to decorate it for the rest of the week.

Back on Monday, I had the new water heater put in

No comments: